Applications are invited for the Harvard University’s Dubai Crossroads Summer Program 2020. This is a Fully FundedOne Week Summer exchange programwhich will be held in Dubai. All the expenses will be covered by the organizers.
The Lakshmi Mittal South Asia Institute, Harvard University (SAI) 3rd Annual Crossroads Program is a prestigious and a fully-funded career development opportunity for students from across the world to attend university and facing challenges of financial and social circumstances.
The Undergraduate Students & Graduate Students, Master’s degree, Ph.D., etc are eligible. Students are selected from a diverse applicant pool to take part in this unique educational experience. The ultimate aim of the Crossroads Program is to create a diverse pipeline of students at leading universities, such as Harvard, and future leaders from across an array of social-economic, racial and cultural backgrounds.
Harvard University’s Dubai Crossroads Summer Program 2020 Details
- Country: Dubai
- Location: Dubai International Financial Centre, Dubai
- No of Participants: 150
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Deadline: 30th August 2019
Here is a Crossroads Emerging Leaders Program 2018 Video:
The Harvard University’s Dubai Crossroads Summer Program is a Fully Funded all expenses aid summer exchange program & will cover the following expenses.
- Cost: FREE
- Round Airfare International Tickets will be provided.
- Lodging, Boarding & Class Materials
- Visa costs are the responsibility of selected candidates.
Eligibility Criteria for the Crossroads Emerging Leaders Program
To be eligible for Round 1, Participants:
- Must be from Central Asia, South Asia, the Middle East, Africa, Latin America, and the United States.
- Must be between 18-24 years old.
- Must hold a passport or national document* from a country in Central Asia, South Asia, the Middle East, Africa, Latin America and the United States (Note: any existing and official proof of nationality will suffice at this stage. Please refer to our extensive Frequently Asked Questions page for further details.)
- Must be the first member of their family—or the first generation within their family—to attend university.
- Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate university program or a recent graduate from a university within the last three years.
- Must be facing challenges of financial and social circumstances.
- Must be fluent in English.
Successful candidates from Round One will be invited to apply to Round Two of the Crossroads Program.
To be eligible for Round 2, Participants:
- Must submit a PDF copy of their existing and valid passport with at least 7 months validity as of March 25, 2020, until the expiration date. (Note: USA nationals are not eligible for the in-person segment of the Crossroads Program held in Dubai)
- Must reside in or be able to travel to an Air Arabia destination city at their own expense. A full list of Air Arabia destination cities can be found here.
- Must submit an updated one-page Resume (PDF file format).
- Must submit an official or unofficial academic transcript showing the candidate’s grades (PDF file format).
- Must submit a personal statement of 600 words or less describing their interest in pursuing this program.
- Must submit two letters of recommendation uploaded directly into the online application form. All recommendation letters must be in English and saved in PDF format. Please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)for more details.
- Must submit a recent passport photo (dimensions: 2 x 2 inches / 51mm x 51mm) with a white background to expedite UAE visa processing.
Please Check Detailed Information About Eligibility Criteria Here
The Last Date to Apply for the Harvard University’s Dubai Crossroads Summer Program is 30th August 2019
How to Apply
You Need to Apply Online. To Apply Online You have to create an XID account, then complete an online application through CARAT. To begin the application process, please follow the Links given below.